Consultant - Mergers & Acquisitions - Lead Advisory - Strategy and Transactions
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
If we inspire you to do the work you love, will you still call it work?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world.
We’re looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant to join the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team. You’ll be based in the Melbourne office and work on a full-time basis.
In M&A we provide what’s known in our industry as lead advisory services. This involves leading the strategic and tactical advice throughout all stages of the sale or purchase of a business, and project managing transactions to achieve successful outcomes for our clients. The team works with a wide range of privately owned, publicly listed, and private equity clients. We work across most industry sectors and regularly advise on cross-border transactions.
Key elements of the role are:
- Being involved in all stages of the transaction process from deal origination through to completion, including preparing proposals and pitching to clients, preparation of marketing materials, bidder research, valuation analysis, and due diligence preparation and coordination
- Preparing industry research and market mapping to assist in identifying potential new clients or targets for private equity and corporate buyers
- Assisting in and learn to build and analyse financial models
- Contributing to engagement planning and ensure that deliverables meet the project timetable
- Contributing to building strong client relationships
You’ll join an established team of forward-thinking corporate finance professionals working on exciting and challenging client projects. Although Melbourne based, we work as an integrated national team.
Importantly, there is continuous opportunity to develop your own unique career with EY.
What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- Strong numeracy skills and be an articulate communicator
- A positive attitude, curiosity to learn and desire to actively contribute to a highly motivated team
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrable problem solving skills with a willingness to offer creative solutions
- A strong working knowledge of Excel in order to learn to develop financial models
- Bachelor level academic qualification(s). We always consider candidates with diverse educational backgrounds, majoring in various fields not just accounting, commerce, or finance. The team and EY are supportive of the successful candidate undertaking post graduate education, including the CA, bridging courses if required, or applied finance programs.
- One to three years’ post graduate work experience, demonstrating transferrable skills if prior experience is not directly related to the M&A field
What we can offer you
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
What we can offer you