Manager for Turnaround & Restructuring Services - SAT - Christchurch
Job Type: Full time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and the World?
Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and sometimes remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this transformative age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world
What’s in it for you?
As our Manager – Turnaround & Restructuring Services
You will join EY’s Turnaround & Restructuring Services (TRS) based in Christchurch. The TRS division offers strategic corporate clients and private equity client’s professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic corporate objectives. Learn more about TAS here - https://www.ey.com/nz/abouttransactions
Your key responsibilities
- Lead assignment planning on behalf of the engagement Partner to include defining the scope of work, clearing conflicts, budgeting issues and dealing with staff planning
- Deliver detailed financial and commercial analysis, identify key issues and potential areas of sensitivity and following these up with management or stakeholders as appropriate
- Drafting presentations to stakeholders and assisting with delivery
- Proactively share technical knowledge with team
- Lead business development activities to sell work through development of internal and external client relationship networks
- Deliver a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and work products sufficient to drive additional and repeated engagements
- Successfully supervise, coach, and mentor all levels of staff
What we’re looking for
Here’s our ‘wish list’ but don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
- Management experience within corporate restructuring with a track record of strong performance in restructuring/advisory work either on behalf of creditors or distressed companies
- A bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
Ideally, you’ll have
- An aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Understand how our benefits can support you at www.ey.com/au/benefits
Acknowledgement of Country
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders — past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation
Apply now… we’re over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we’re ready to welcome yours.
At EY we take inclusivity seriously, and we’re committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability or long-term health conditions. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com or +61 3 8650 7788 (option 2). Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.