Health & Injury Management Specialist
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Injury Management Specialist to join our People and Safety team. This role can be work from home and/or offices anywhere within our Essential Energy Footprint and will be offered as a Fixed term opportunity until January 2024.
About the role
As a Health and Injury Management Specialist you will be responsible for the provision of injury management, rehabilitation, recovery at work and workers compensation strategies and activities.
Working closely with the Health and Wellbeing Manager, you will assist in the implementation of strategic health and wellbeing programs in line with the Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
You will partner with key stakeholder across the business to manage a portfolio of Workers Compensation and non-work-related employee cases in line with the best practice case management model. You will maintain delivery across all aspects of best practice injury management, claims management and recovery at work programs to ensure provision of sound advice and effective management from notification of injury through to full recovery and finalisation.
- Implement injury management programs including facilitating appropriate early intervention treatment
- Provide professional support services to investigations, audits and reviews, or changes to process and procedure
- Provide expert advice, management support and clear direction to facilitate achievement of specific Workers’ Compensation and postinjury management strategies and outcomes for the employee and organisation
- Ongoing education of key stakeholders across the organisation in the areas of injury prevention, early intervention, and recovery at work
To succeed you will have demonstrated experience as a specialised professional with significant experience in occupational and/or vocational rehabilitation.
You will bring strong understanding and knowledge of the legislation and industry best practice policies and procedures covering Work Health and Safety, workers compensation and injury management.
You will have demonstrated experience in case management of all work and non-work related injury and claims management including the implementation and monitoring of effective return to work programs and a professional manner when working in a confidential environment with other health and industry professionals providing case management, auditing and investigative services and development of reports.
- Bachelor Degree in Allied Health or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
- Return to Work Coordinator – SIRA NSW Approved course
- Cert IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Cert IV OHS
- Driver’s Licence
- White card - WorkCover Induction for Construction Work – general course
What we offer
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- 15.5% Superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements subject to business needs
- Competitive remuneration
- Access the NIB corporate health plan
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Further education and career development support
We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across Essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact Cathy Connors – Health and Wellbeing Manager on 0437 494 576.
Applications close on midnight, Sunday 12th February 2023.
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.