Job Type: Full time
We are unique
We are a regional business that thinks on a global level. We work with determined, passionate and curious people to empower communities to share and use energy for a better tomorrow. With a network that powers 95% of NSW and parts of Southern Queensland, we ensure homes, hospitals, schools, businesses, and services stay connected.
We are currently recruiting for a Category Manager to join our Procurement team.
About the role
As a Category Manager you will provide leadership and direction for the categories in your allocated portfolio, including business partnering, category strategies, strategic sourcing, contracting and supply risk management.
- Lead negotiations on high impact, complex supply arrangements and contract issues to deliver better category outcomes
- Lead and manage cross-functional working groups to achieve desired outcomes
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of procurement and procurement categories
- Develop, lead and execute category and sourcing strategies to optimise value for money outcomes and meet business and stakeholder needs
- Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical and supply chain risks to ensure supply continuity
- Encourage innovative procurement practices to support delivery of business and policy directions
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers to identify areas for improvement and drive innovative solutions and ways of working
You will be a people-orientated and commercially focused professional with a strong focus on stakeholder engagement, and you will have the ability to negotiate and work collaboratively across a diverse group internally and externally to achieve sustainable outcomes based on current and future business needs.
You will have extensive experience and understanding of purchasing principles and disciplines with experience in creating and developing category management frameworks, strategies and plans across different categories of spend.
In addition to being a flexible, self-motivated individual you will have the ability to handle a varying, complex workload using problem solving and decision-making skills.
Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Procurement and Logistics or Supply Chain or MCIPS, and demonstrated capability through past employment experience.
Additional Skills/Experience required:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyse complex data
- Ability to produce detailed reports presenting clear, factual and pertinent information based on knowledge, research and analysis
- Experience in developing and executing category strategies and negotiating supply agreements
- Past experience in Civil Construction and Building Industry related procurement exercises strongly favoured
As an Essential Energy team member, you’ll enjoy such benefits as;
- Flexible working arrangements subject to business needs
- Competitive remuneration
- Access the NIB corporate health plan
- Access to join the Fitness Passport Program
- Paid parental leave for eligible team members
- Further education and career development support We offer fantastic local and regional career opportunities limited only by your own drive and determination.
Working for this large and diverse organisation, employees can take advantage of a range of learning and development opportunities, including leadership programs.
If successful in this role you will join a supportive and appreciative team in a role that offers breadth across essential Energy's entire corporate and network businesses.
At Essential Energy we are united in our purpose and live our values. We operate in an exciting and rapidly changing environment, thrive in a culture that’s all about teamwork and are here for our customers.
For further information please contact David Saliba 02 6588 4850 or email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday 28 May 2023 at 11:55pm
Passionate people. Global thinking. Regional heart.
Building a better energy future.
Essential Energy is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants to apply regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
As an organisation, our aim is to champion inclusivity in the workplace and celebrate the difference in all our employees.