Advisor - Environmental
Job Type: Full time
Evolution Mining Limited
- Lifestyle-friendly Roster: 8/6 Roster
- FIFO from Brisbane, Cairns, and Townsville
- Option: 5-2 / 4-3 Residential Cloncurry Roster
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Ernest Henry Mine is a copper / gold mining and processing operation located 38 kilometres northeast of Cloncurry in Northwest Queensland. Evolution Mining believes in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being.
About the role
Ernest Henry Operation is looking for an Environmental Advisor, reporting to the Senior Environmental Advisor, to join our Sustainability team. As part of team of Environmental professionals, this role will provide sitewide environmental leadership and technical support in the management of a diverse range of aspects and projects across the Ernest Henry Operation’s mining and other leases.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Providing accurate and consistent environmental advice in regard to environmental compliance, risk management and continuous improvement.
- Monitoring and reporting on environmental performance, including participation in compliance programs.
- Effectively liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing environmental compliance and operational projects.
- Assisting with the development of Environmental Authority amendments, closure planning and other regulatory submissions; and
- Environmental Management System updates and improvements.
- Tertiary qualification in the field of Environmental Science / Environmental Management, or other relevant qualification.
- Three plus (3+) years environmental management with strong knowledge of and experience in Queensland legislation within / dealing with mining and/or heavy industries.
- Demonstrated ability in project management.
- Capability to work both independently and as part of a team to deliver consistent high-quality results.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office; GIS is well regarded)
- A strong commitment to safety, quality, and best practice concepts
Closing date: 2nd October 2022
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org