Development Operations Engineer
Job Type: Not Specified
Mining Engineer - Development Operations
- Industry competitive remuneration package + bonuses + benefits
- 8/6/7/7 Roster DIDO MT ISA, Residential Cloncurry
- FIFO – Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville
- A safe, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture in a world-class operation
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. At Evolution we believe in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being.
Ernest Henry Mine is a premier copper and gold underground mining and processing operation located northeast of Cloncurry in Northwest Queensland. We are one of Evolution’s newest operations, acquired in January 2022. Learn more about Ernest Henry Mining at HERE.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Development Engineer, this role is responsible for providing support to the Technical Services team, to improve mining processes to increase efficiency and productivity whilst ensuring the required standards (safety, values and cost) are achieved.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and planning mine development projects
- Conducting geological and geotechnical studies
- Evaluating the feasibility and profitability of mining projects
- Developing mining plans, schedules, and budgets
- Overseeing the construction and development of mining infrastructure
- Managing and supervising mining operations
- Continuously monitoring and improving mining processes to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Maintaining health, safety, statutory, regulatory, and licensing standards, and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution
- Commitment to living and supporting the Evolution values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, Respect
- Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and playing an active role in our Net Zero 2050 goal.
You will be willing to actively liaise with key personnel on the mine site in all departments. This will be achieved by maintaining good relationships with departments within the business and external parties, identifying what projects can be delivered, providing engineering guidance, completing quality assurance, and supervising contractors onsite. It will also be a key function to build those relationships with external consultants, contractors, and governing bodies to ensure all projects can be delivered on time, to standard and within budget.
To be considered for this role you must have experience with / demonstrate.
- Tertiary Engineering Qualifications – preferably in Mining
- Underground mine engineering experience
- Identifying, understanding, and solving complex problems
- Experience with mine design software
- Communicating information – verbal, written, numerical and graphical.
- An ability to develop excellent relationships with peers, leaders, and subordinates
- Self-directed to achieve individual, team and organisational goals
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employment benefits. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package, including local living allowances
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Annual share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Lifestyle friendly Wednesday to Wednesday roster
- Base location options including residential in Cloncurry (local living allowance provided), DIDO from Mount Isa or FIFO from Cairns or Townsville
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.