Civil Engineer - Concentrator
Job Type: Not Specified
Civil Engineer – Concentrator
- Industry competitive remuneration package + bonuses + benefits
- 8/6 Roster DIDO- MT ISA, Residential Cloncurry
- FIFO – Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville
- A safe, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture in a world-class operation
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. At Evolution we believe in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being. Evolution offers highly competitive remuneration packages, inclusive of above market superannuation, professional development opportunities, discounted health care and an employee rewards program.
Ernest Henry Mine is a premier copper and gold underground mining and processing operation located northeast of Cloncurry in Northwest Queensland. We are one of Evolution’s newest operations, acquired in January 2022. Learn more about Ernest Henry Mining at HERE.
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Asset Management and Engineering. The Civil Engineer – Concentrator, is responsible for the project engineering functions to support the Surface operations team, to deliver on annual budgets through both Capex and Opex, ensuring the required standards (safety, values and cost) are achieved.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Tailings Dam (TD):
- Liaise with external consultants on ensuring the site TD is always fully operational and achieve at or above ANCOLD standard including review of designs.
- Project Manage Construction works to the dam including QA and Construction Supervision.
- Monitoring and Support:
- Monitor and report on the site online Instrument system and always ensure operational status.
- Develop, document and update site documents relevant to the areas of work.
- Conduct Monthly Inspections on the Tailings Storage Facilities and report on any issues.
- Complete accurate month-end cost accruals, forecast spends and project cost tracking.
- Maintain continuous improvement activities and Continuous Professional Development hours.
- Processing Plant Projects
- The role is part of the reliability and Engineering team for the processing plant. The job will include items such as structural inspections and projects inside the concentrator footprint.
- Maintaining health, safety, statutory, regulatory, and licensing standards, and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution
- Commitment to living and supporting the Evolution values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, Respect
- Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and playing an active role in our Net Zero 2050 goal.
You will be able to actively liaise with key personnel on the mine site in all departments. This will be achieved by maintaining good relationships with departments within the business and external parties, identifying what projects can be delivered, providing engineering guidance, completing quality assurance, and supervising contractors onsite. It will also be a key function to build those relationships with external consultants, contractors, and governing bodies to ensure all projects can be delivered on time, to standard and within budget.
To be considered for this role you must have / demonstrate
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- 4+ years civil engineering experience (design, drafting, planning, project management)
- Identifying, understanding, and solving complex problems.
- Communicating information – verbal, written, numerical and graphical.
- Establishment and adherence of work, national and global standards.
- An ability to develop excellent relationships with peers, leaders, and subordinates
- Self-directed to achieve individual, team and organisational goals
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of current, on-demand employment benefits. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package, including local living allowances
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Annual share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Lifestyle friendly Wednesday to Wednesday roster
- Base location options including residential in Cloncurry (local living allowance provided), DIDO from Mount Isa
- FIFO – Brisbane, Cairns and Townsville
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.