Job Type: Not Specified
- Lifestyle friendly Roster: 8/7:7/6
- DIDO from Mount Isa or FIFO from Cairns or Townsville
- A diverse and inclusive workplace culture
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people’s time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that’s known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
Our Ernest Henry Mine is located 38 kilometres northeast of Cloncurry in Northwest Queensland. Evolution Mining believes in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership, and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being.
About the role
Evolution Mining currently has an opportunity for Jumbo Operator at our Ernest Henry mine. Reporting to the development supervisor, the primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for all Jumbo mining operations. This will involve working on the Installation of ground support and mine to line, grade, and size.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Installation of ground support as per PPD design using MDX, Par 1 Resin, Split Sets and Resin Posimix bolts.
- Reading and understanding Primary Development Designs and mine survey memo’s
- Working on all aspects of Development mining, Level development, Decline and Incline, Turnouts etc.
- Mining to line and grade with less than 10% overbreak.
- Performing thorough pre-start checks on all equipment and report all damage.e
- Ensuring all work performed and Housekeeping is kept to a high standard, and that all controls are used and adhered to.
- Operating heavy diesel equipment and cleaning.
- Complying with and undertaking additional / alternative responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the Supervisor.
- Leading the identification, reporting and management of potential hazards and work to eliminate risk taking behaviours or actions.
- Demonstrating behaviours aligned with the Evolution Mining values, Safety Principles and ensure statutory compliance as a minimum.
Your knowledge and experience with all aspects of mine development jumbo operations will contribute to ongoing success of one of Evolution Mining’s largest mines.
Ideally you will have five years underground experience, and two years Jumbo operations experience-specifically with Bolting and Boring.
We are looking for people who have the following attributes and qualifications:
- Development Jumbo competency
- Bogger operations competency
- Current C Class Driver’s Licence
- Working at Heights ticket
- I.T operations
- Experience with vent installation and mine dewatering/reticulation
- Application of safe working procedures
- Good observational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Manual adeptness
- Mechanical aptitude
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of current, on-demand employment benefits. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package, including local living allowances
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Annual share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Lifestyle friendly Wednesday to Wednesday roster
- Base location options including residential in Cloncurry (local living allowance provided), DIDO from Mount Isa or FIFO from Cairns or Townsville
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org