Job Type: Not Specified
Loader Operator - Ernest Henry UG
- Industry competitive remuneration package + bonuses + benefits
- 8/6/7/7 Roster DIDO MT ISA, Residential Cloncurry
- FIFO –Cairns and Townsville
- A safe, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture in a world-class operation
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
Ernest Henry Operation is a copper and gold mining and processing operation located 38 kilometres northeast of Cloncurry in Northwest Queensland. Originally an open pit mine, Ernest Henry Operation transitioned to underground mining in 2011 and includes a copper concentrator and numerous support services.
About the role
The successful candidate will have the ability to safely operate and maintain an underground loader (bogger) for sub-level cave production, and development loading activities.
This role will also be responsible for:
- Safely operate and maintain a fleet of underground loaders
- Safely complete sub-level cave production and development
- Bogging of production ore drives / development headings, to ore passes, stockpiles and / or haul trucks
- Regular inspection of the bogger/ loader and report any damages or faulty equipment to be repaired
- Constantly look for ways to improve efficiencies and escalate to Supervisor
- Complying with and undertaking additional / alternative responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the Supervisor
- Bogging of sumps as directed
- Ensuring road conditions / works are maintained to high standard. Manage any spillage, ensure no casual water
You will have demonstrated experience as a Loader Operator or equivalent in mining. You must be able to build relationships and trust with the team and stakeholders across the site.
- Proven experience operating large underground load haul dump units (LHDU) in a large-scale mining operation.
- A current manual driver’s licence.
- A strong commitment to consistent and safe production, utilising quality and best practice concepts.
- The ability to encourage a safe and efficient working environment.
- Previous experience in underground dump truck driving would be favourable.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work autonomously and within a team; and
- The ability to support and mentor other team members
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of current, on-demand employment benefits. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package, including local living allowances
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Annual share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Lifestyle friendly Wednesday to Wednesday roster
- Base location options including residential in Cloncurry (local living allowance provided), DIDO from Mount Isa or FIFO from Cairns or Townsville
- Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org