Apprentice - Electrician
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Not Specified
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a global gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. We have operations across Australia and in Canada. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect.
Looking towards the future and transitioning to a low carbon environment, Evolution is taking the necessary steps to reduce its environmental footprint - converting from diesel to batteries and electric vehicles, to repurposing end of life mines to potential pumped hydro projects, we aim high in the renewable energy space. Evolution Mining recognises the important role our apprentices will play in this transition as we cultivate leaders of the future.
We want people's time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that's known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
About the role
Evolution Mining’s Cowal Gold Operations, based near West Wyalong NSW, has several exciting apprenticeship opportunities across a range of different trades now available for a start in February 2023. We are currently on the lookout for the next generation of:
- Heavy Diesel Fitters
- Fixed Plant Fitters
After you have been inducted, you will be partnered with experienced supervisors keen to provide you with the practical skills and knowledge required to kickstart your career. You will also complete the necessary studies to gain a Certificate III qualification in your trade area.
As an Evolution Mining Apprentice, it is important that you have/can demonstrate:
- A safety focussed mindset
- Completion of at least Year 10, with sound English and Maths grades
- A willingness to learn, use your initiative, show integrity, and thrive within a team working environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and use technology in the workplace
- Be comfortable working a variety of rosters/shifts throughout your apprenticeship (e.g. 5/2/4/3, 7/7 or 7/7 roster (12hr days) and live locally)
- A current Australian Drivers licence would be advantageous, but not essential
- Ability to commit to the full four (4) year apprenticeship
- Willingness to be residential to the West Wyalong region for our residential program
- Prior trade work experience or pre-apprenticeship completion will be well regarded.
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of current, on-demand employment benefits. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company provided life insurance and income protection
- Annual share ownership plan
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support
- Recognition and rewards programs
Need more information? Contact our Cowal People and Culture team on firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.