Community Relations Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
Fulton Hogan is pleased to announce we have been awarded the design and construction project for the Newcastle Inner City Bypass - Rankin Park to Jesmond. Working closely with Transport for NSW this project comprises of 3.4kms of four-lane divided road with interchanges at Newcastle Road, Lookout Road and the John Hunter Hospital precinct. Upgrades to existing connecting roads, pedestrian bridge and underpass are included in the scope of works to complete. This $450 million project is set to commence late 2022 and will provide essential infrastructure to the Newcastle community.
We're a company where you can be the real you and where everyone will find the opportunity to work with, and learn alongside the best in the business, have fun, and all together contribute to a better future. It's what we strive to achieve each day through the good work we do.
We are looking for talented and experienced Community Relations Coordinator to join our Newcastle Inner City Bypass Project Team. Your background in construction infrastructure projects will assist us delivering this project.
What's in it for you when you work for Fulton Hogan?
- We'll offer a competitive salary package
- You'll be given the opportunity for career growth & development
- We support flexible work arrangements where applicable
- You'll be a part of a fun and inclusive team environment
What's on offer?
Day-to-day you will assist with the development of strategies, events and collateral to inform and engage residents, traders, schools, community members and internal stakeholders about construction works taking place, while collaborating with the traffic and construction teams to understand and mitigate impacts and disruptions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in developing and distributing a broad-range of proactive communications collateral, including monthly works notifications, targeted notifications for impactful works, fact sheets, presentations, internal newsletter articles and media releases;
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of information sessions, pop-up events and targeted initiatives to support local community groups;
- Building relationships with the community via resident door knocking, meeting with community groups and/or dropping into businesses;
- Managing complaints and enquiries;
- Maintaining accurate weekly reports on all engagement activities undertaken, stakeholder issues and communication material distributed.
How you'll connect to the role?
- Communicating who we are, what we do, how we assist our customers, and the countless benefits we bring to the community is a key to this role.
- A proactive approach to working with and adapting to a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders;
- A strong ability to establish common ground and build relationships;
- The self-motivation to manage your own work load on a day-to-day basis;
- The ability to understand how impacts on our stakeholders can influence risk to our reputation, and the ability to take action to mitigate this risk;
- A degree in communications, public relations, community development, environment, urban planning, geography, social science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience working on infrastructure or urban development projects.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you. If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Find out more about us https://www.fultonhogan.com
Article Link: https://roads-waterways.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects/newcastle-inner-city-bypass/rankin-park-to-jesmond.html