Job Type: Full time
We have 2 newly created roles in our Finance division for an Accounting Manager for the Administration function and Finance function.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be leading the day-to-day operations of your function ensuring all Administration and Finance functions are completed to a consistently high and professional standard. This includes providing professional, timely, efficient and effective accounting support to the operational business whilst ensuring deadlines, Fulton Hogan Group Policy and legal requirements met.
A key part of your role will be 'getting stuff done' including:
- Supporting the Finance Manager in leading the day-to-day financial and administration management functions of the region
- Maintain personal visibility across the business to champion and lead the finance team, including activities such as regular site visits, training sessions, presentations, informal discussions
- A co-operative team approach, enhanced by clear and honest two-way communication
- Analysis and interpretation of financial data and trends
- Present professional and insightful reporting to business leaders to address adverse performance or areas for improvement
- Coordination and preparation of monthly reporting, analysis, commentary and reforecasting for the Wellington region
- Take a leading role in the annual budgeting process for the region
- Effectively lead your team by providing a supportive environment that encourages the development of staff to deliver operational excellence and best practice
- Supporting the finance manager in leading the finance and administration functions to ensure the team effectively delivers in Financial Management, operational effectiveness and process improvement, consistency and compliance and Stakeholder Management
What you'll bring to the table
We're looking for someone who is driven, passionate about their work with a can-do attitude who is ready to keep building their career.
To be successful in this role, you will also need to have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification and/or equivalent/relevant knowledge
- CA or CPA qualified
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (accounting standards, legislation and practices)
- Sound understanding of broad business, commercial practices and contractual law
- People leader with a strong team-focus and the ability to coach, guide, develop and lead effectively
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to review and critique financial information
- Experience in providing finance leadership and advice across an organisation
What's in it for you
At Fulton Hogan we truly care about the wellbeing of our people and giving them the tools they need to succeed. We're proud to offer a range of REAL Benefits that recognises the huge role our people play in our success.
We have a great team culture and supportive work environment here in Fulton Hogan. In addition to a competitive salary, you will have access to a range of other great benefits such as:
- Medical insurance for you and your whaanau (covers pre-existing conditions)
- Life insurance from day one of employment
- Increased Kiwi Saver employer contributions after service milestones
- BP fuel discounts
- Job security, professional development and career progression opportunities
- Access to family scholarship programmes to support their tertiary study
- Excellent discounts at a wide range of retailers
- Access to free confidential counselling and support services for you and your family
Fulton Hogan Philosophy
Here at Fulton Hogan, we don't just talk about our REAL Values, we live them too. Our people are the most important part of our business and we're always looking for people who are passionate about the work they do. If that's you, we'd like to invite you to become part of our family and join us in our commitment to ensuring the Good Work we do will make a positive difference to the quality of life for our people, our customers and the communities we all call home.
Sound like you?
If you are looking for a role to showcase your skills, build a long lasting legacy, and want to help us build on our Good Work culture, then we want to hear from you.
All successful candidates must under-go and pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen.