Location: Eight Mile Plains
Job Type: Full time
At Fulton Hogan we're passionate about creating, connecting and caring for communities, with people at the heart of everything. It's why we've created a culture of empowerment and autonomy to ensure our people can deliver "Good Work" each day. You'll have a fulfilling & rewarding career working with us and you'll contribute to a sustainable future we can all be proud of.
As a valued employee, you will be eligible for:
- A competitive salary package
- Permanent role
- An opportunity for a career growth & long-term development
- Be part of a dynamic and inclusive team environment
A fantastic opportunity has presented for a Management Accountant to join our Finance Team - Infrastructure Services, based in Brisbane. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the region with the day-to-day Accounting and reporting functions, as well as providing advice, insight and analysis to the operational and management teams to achieve strategic objectives.
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting on financial performance against KPIs, including monthly reviews of profit and loss, variance analysis and reconciliations.
- Working alongside Managers and Engineers, preparing the annual operating and capital budgets, as well as monthly reforecasts for all businesses across the region.
- Project Accounting, reporting, analysing and interpreting trends to provide accounting insights and advice to help optimise financial performance.
- Contributing to business planning and assisting the Finance Manager with the development of new business strategies.
- Leading improvements and initiatives to enable efficient and effective processes, systems and procedures.
- Proactively coaching and training team members, Engineers and Managers.
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies, statutory and regulatory requirements.
You will thrive working in a team environment and understand that it's a great team that delivers great outcomes. You will have great communication skills with the ability to engage well at all levels. You will demonstrate your ability to use your initiative and confidence in challenging the norm in establishing best practice systems and procedures. You will bring strong knowledge of general accounting functions and good leadership skills including advanced Excel skills. You will be ambitious, driven, and ready to take on a new challenge. In addition you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting or Finance, preferably holding a CA/CPA qualification (or working towards).
- Demonstrated experience in an Accountancy role, preferably within the Construction, Infrastructure or Engineering industry sectors.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review and critique financial information and well-developed problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines, including attention to detail.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you. If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Find out more about us: https://www.fultonhogan.com/