Job Type: Full time
Fulton Hogan is a major trans-Tasman civil contracting company, with interests in a broad range of products and services in the road construction, quarrying, civil construction, infrastructure maintenance and land development sectors. Our over 5,000 strong team across New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific Islands, continues to grow and diversify into new markets, taking on new challenges and making Fulton Hogan one of the fastest growing civil contracting companies.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Quarry Laboratory Supervisor to join our Northern Industries Team based in Cedar Creek.
- The quarry laboratory operations based at Cedar Creek and possible regional mobile and fixed sites
- Supervision of laboratory staff, laboratory assets and plant requirements, including engaging, training and developing laboratory staff
- Ensuring laboratory and production facility compliance with NATA, and Department of Main Roads Construction Materials Testing Supplier Registration System, including annex laboratories
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory health, safety and environmental requirements
- Supervise, train and undertake compliance testing for samples of aggregate, soils, road base, CTB and FBB
- Ensuring compliance testing and mix designs are within the required specifications and timeframes
- Maintaining a high level of internal and external customer/stakeholder communication and relations
The successful candidate will require a high level of competence and experience in construction laboratories including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining NATA and Queensland Department of Main Roads accreditation/ registration for laboratories and production facilities;
- Comprehensive knowledge of laboratory and production facility calibration requirements, including extensive quarry, soils and road design knowledge and experience;
- Providing technical support to production and contracting departments;
- Sound knowledge of Queensland test methods and Australian standards for laboratories
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Questlab;
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative, ethical behaviour in a client-facing environment, coupled with strong leadership and communication skills;
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and relevant legislation;
- Demonstrated skills in research, evaluation, interpretation and delivery of data.
You will have experience and knowledge in construction laboratories and have attained NATA signatory status for test methods.
This is a full-time position and the successful applicant may also be required to work nights, weekends and, on occasion may also have to work away.
In return we will offer you an opportunity to gain excellent experience and further progress your career, in a team with REAL values.
Sound like you? If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you.