Senior Project Engineer
Location: Perth Airport
Job Type: Full time
Due to continuous business growth, we are seeking a suitably qualified Senior Project Engineer to oversee Asphalt Surfacing projects from conception through to completion in our Infrastructure Services business.
Based in Hazelmere, and reporting to the Divisional Manager, you will be instrumental in working within a well-established team to coordinate Asphalt Surfacing activities whilst ensuring projects are delivered to a high standard and quality.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will build on our strong key stakeholder relationships within both the government and private sectors, and you will be empowered to lead and develop a team of Project Engineers to ensure successful project delivery within a safety first culture.
As a valued employee, you will be eligible for:
- A competitive salary package
- Permanent role
- An opportunity for a career growth & long-term development
- Be part of a dynamic and inclusive team environment
- Travel opportunities State-wide, when required
- Coordinate Asphalt Surfacing activities, and ensure Systems of Work are implemented through SWMS, Special Processes and Corrective Actions;
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced taking into consideration project complexity, client requirements and budget constraints;
- Recommend/ approve award of subcontract packages, ensuring best value through appropriate scoping, commercial conditions and subcontractor selection;
- Review and analyse project programs to assess performance against the contract program and ensure mitigation measures are implemented as required and;
- Understand the application of the EBAs and ensure site compliance.
You will have previous experience in managing projects and ensuring contractual obligations are met, as well as maintaining positive client relationships.
Your ability to show initiative to identify and address issues before they arise, with the aptitude and
flexibility for taking on new challenges will set you up for success.
Your analytical ability in cost control, reviewing monthly project forecasts and interrogating forecasting costs to complete as required, will also be crucial to your delivery. You will possess a Degree in Engineering, coupled with proven experience in managing similar Asphalt Surfacing projects. Knowledge and experience with MRWA specifications desirable.
Sound like you?
If you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, and meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Find out more about us: https://www.fultonhogan.com/