Location: Cedar Creek
Job Type: Full time
- Build your career with an industry leader that offers ongoing training
- Great opportunity to work in a fantastic team
- Full-time position
What we're looking for
We currently have a vacancy for a Soils/Quarry Laboratory Technician to join the team at Fulton Hogan SEQ based at our Cedar Creek site. This position will suit entry level candidates looking to take the next step in their career.
You'll be Accountable for
The successful candidate will be responsible for the testing of Soils and Aggregates to relevant standard methods in our NATA Laboratory. Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor your responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
- Sampling and testing aggregates and soils including onsite sampling.
- The hands-on, day-to-day management of sampling and testing in accordance with specified requirements.
- Management of reporting, record keeping and calibrations including reporting non-conforming product.
- Conduct procedures safely and maintain good housekeeping of laboratory and surrounds.
- Providing technical support to production departments.
- Maintain the laboratory in accordance with NATA requirements.
- Travel will be required, based on the needs of the business.
What we need from you
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience:
- Current QLD Portable Soil Density & Moisture Gauge (Nuclear) Licence
- Experienced and Proficient in TMR and Australian Standards Field testing.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and achieve strict deadlines
- Professional communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Honest, confident and reliable
- Commitment to workplace safety, quality, punctuality, reliability, respect for others and to work as part of an efficient team
- Current and valid Driver's Licence
- Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques (is advantageous)
- Be willing to travel as away work will be required
Ideally you will have an understanding of the quarry industry. Having a demonstrated knowledge of Australian standards for laboratories would be viewed favourably, but is not essential as full training will be provided. You will be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
Fulton Hogan Our Belief
The Good Work we do building and maintaining vital infrastructure improves the quality of life for all of us across New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific. Everything, from roads and bridges, to energy, water and communication. Driven by fresh ideas and opportunities, we know we're only as good as our people.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like you and you're ready to help us continue to do good work, apply now.
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business and are committed to equal employment opportunities. We believe in the value that diversity brings to our team and people who share our REAL values are encouraged to apply.
The pre-employment process will involve a medical check including a drug and alcohol screening.
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
We believe in the value that diversity brings to our team and people who share our REAL values are encouraged to apply.