Job Type: Full time
An opportunity has recently arisen for an Electrician with Commercial and Industrial experience to join our team based out of Narangba. You will be an integral member of this team and will be responsible for providing electrical support to the South East Queensland and the occasion remote/regional areas.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with clients in regards to job needs and expectations
- Job inspection and setup
- Perform and Management of onsite safety, quality with a proactive approach to maintenance and repairs which meets Fulton Hogan and client requirements across all sites
- Onsite work and management of commercial and industrial facilities
- Complete pre preventative maintenance checks on specified equipment in accordance with procedures and work orders
- Ensure all electrical work is carried out to company OHS and Australian standards.
- Perform Fault finding on all electrical equipment around all sites in SEQ
- Assist and perform electrical installations and plant upgrades, Panel wiring and construction of control panels
- Assist with ordering and receiving of materials
- Liaising with management & supervisors during contract of works
- Dealing with wide range of people in all levels of industry
- Assisting with upskilling junior electricians and apprentices
- Able to work automatously under high pressure situations
- Provide flexible work hours due to breakdown support and weekends/after hours
- Work collaboratively within the workshop team with other trades and contractors
You will ideally have the following skill set:
- Be highly organised, possess strong communication skills
- Min 10 years' experience from apprenticeship completion
- HA trained
- Process knowledge
- LV Rescue / CPR
- Current Drivers Licence
Fulton Hogan Philosophy
We build and maintain critical infrastructure that connects and enhances communities across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. Everything from roads and bridges, to airports and utilities. We're committed to ensuring the Good Work we do will make a positive difference to the quality of life for our people, our customers and the communities we all call home. Our continued success relies on generating new and diverse ideas, which is why our 'Good Work' culture encourages ownership and empowerment, while never forgetting the importance of balancing life's priorities.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you.