Job Type: Full time
Fulton Hogan Employer of Choice
We're a company where you can be the real you and where everyone will find the opportunity to work with, and learn alongside the best in the business, have fun, and all together contribute to a better future. It's what we strive to achieve each day through the good work we do. Fulton Hogan has nearly 90 years of experience providing whole of lifecycle road network and asset management solutions from design to construction, ongoing maintenance and upgrades of road assets.
Satisfied customers are repeat customers and the best advertisement is good work. We care for the planet, not only for ourselves, but also for future generations. We seek to reduce our impact on the environment and partner with others to lift the standards of our industry. This role affords the opportunity to work collaboratively with our customer, supply chain and broader industry to minimise our impacts to enable improved resilience in our asset performance.
When you work with Fulton Hogan you are not just a number. This is a true partnership, working within a team of professionals within a landscape that will challenge and step change you into new areas of development for your career. It is a genuine opportunity to join a multinational civil contractor that cares for its people.
About The Opportunity
The Environmental Coordinator will support the identification, monitoring and review of environmental risks and performance expectations, goals and standards for managing all potential adverse environmental outcomes. Your approach will support and drive and culture where environment and sustainability is viewed as a practical approach to the reduction of rework that proactively supports and delivers opportunities to make improvements through your technical and stakeholder engagement skills. This permanent role, based in Rydalmere provides a fantastic opportunity to progress your career as you will provide support on a key and growing program of work with long term role security.
You will support all environment and compliance processes in line with our Environment Management Systems and contract requirements within construction and maintenance activities, in addition to supporting and driving continuous improvement of these processes and systems in a way that supports the successful delivery of the project. In return, you will operate alongside a dynamic and collaborative team with plenty of scope to showcase your expertise and further develop within the organisation.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage the construction management and ensure compliance with environmental approvals for the projects;
- Ensure compliance with State and Commonwealth legislation and corporate environmental objectives;
- assist with the establishment, management, monitoring and maintenance of environment controls such as erosion and sediment controls within the Site;
- Ensuring that the EMPs and other environmental management documents are established, implemented and maintained in compliance with the requirements; including any supplementary plans and EWMS; and upgrades to these documents (as needed) to remain current;
- Manage environmental / monitoring systems and relevant environmental services subcontractors, and;
- Conduct regular site visits, monitoring and audits to assess and ensure environmental performance and opportunities for improvement
- Contribute to the development of business objectives and targets to pave the way to improved environmental outcomes
To be successful in this role you will have;
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role with environmental management systems experience (i.e. ISO 14001)
- Hold a tertiary qualified in Environmental Science or other related discipline
- Have proven experience with CEMP development and implementation within the transport construction industry or linear construction projects
- A robust knowledge of construction and maintenance practices in roads would be highly advantageous
- A willingness and commitment to the environmental management practice & show drive to figure out effective and efficient controls and mitigation to risks on the project.
- Solid interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a team, you will want to challenge the norms and always look for a better solution
What's in it for you when you work for Fulton Hogan?
- We'll offer a competitive salary package
- You'll be given the opportunity for career growth & development
- We support flexible work arrangements
- You'll be a part of a fun and inclusive team environment
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you. If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Find out more about us https://www.fultonhogan.com/