Location: Bay of Plenty
Job Type: Full time
With a strong secured forward workload and multiple long term infrastructure construction, renewal and maintenance contracts secured to 2030 and beyond, we are looking for a keen and motivated individual to join our team as a General Worker and deliver the good work that Fulton Hogan is known for.
You will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Crew with general tasks on our Utilities construction contracts in Rotorua. Your daily activities will involve the correct recording of plant, labour and materials in accordance with company procedures. You will ensure the storage and safety of all plant and equipment. You will undertake daily machinery checks and complete the necessary maintenance. You will be assist the crew with operating plant and product spills.
You will be working 40 hours a week however flexibility is a must as there is the occasional time where you may be called in to assist in after-hours call outs.
What you need to have
- A minimum of Class 2 full license
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in road construction and maintenance is desired although not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be physically fit and able to perform physically demanding tasks.
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
- Proactive around Health and Safety.
- And of course you will be a team player, have an eye for detail, and a can do attitude.
What's in it for you?
We have a great team culture and supportive work environment here in Fulton Hogan. In addition to a competitive pay grade, you will have access to a range of other great benefits such as:
- Medical insurance for you and your whanau (covers pre-existing conditions)
- Life insurance from day one of employment
- Increased Kiwi Saver employer contributions after service milestones
- BP fuel discounts
- Job security, professional development and career progression opportunities
- Access to family scholarship programmes to support their tertiary study
- Excellent discounts at a wide range of retailers
- Access to free confidential counselling and support services for you and your family
We're all about Good Work
You've probably seen us around - on the roads, building sites, and in cities, towns, and locations all over New Zealand. We build and maintain infrastructure that improves the quality of life across New Zealand and Australia. Everything, from roads and bridges, to energy, water and communication.
We're big and growing but this will always be a family business with family centric values that are REAL; Respect, Energy & Effort, Attitude and Leadership - driving who we are and what we do. We know that we're only ever as good as our people. That's why we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best in the industry.
Sound like you?
If you are looking for a role to showcase your skills, build a long lasting legacy, and want to help us build on our Good Work culture, then we want to hear from you.
Please note all successful candidates will be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen.
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
We believe in the value that diversity brings to our team and people who share our REAL values are encouraged to apply.