Location: Bay of Plenty
Job Type: Full time
With a strong secured forward workload and multiple long term infrastructure construction, renewal and maintenance contracts secured to 2030 and beyond, we are seeking a drainlayer with both domestic and large scale civil project experience to join our team delivering works across the Rotorua region and beyond.
Based in Rotorua, your work will be varied and diverse and include the competent installation of new drainage infrastructure (stormwater, wastewater and drinking water) on major projects, various construction sites, and as needed on maintenance contracts. The work will range in scope, size and complexity ensuring that you will learn and develop as you go.
What you'll bring to the table
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- 2 to 5 years' experience in the installation of all, or some of storm water, waste water and drinking water
- Certifying drainlayers tickets is beneficial but not essential
- Full class 1 license and WTR essential
- Work as part of a team and follow process
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Passionate about maintaining a safe working environment
- Positive attitude and can do mindset
- Focus on quality workmanship with good problem solving skills
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
What's in it for you?
We have a great team culture and supportive work environment here in Fulton Hogan. In addition to a competitive pay grade, you will have access to a range of other great benefits such as:
- Medical insurance for you and your whanau (covers pre-existing conditions)
- Life insurance from day one of employment
- Increased Kiwi Saver employer contributions after service milestones
- BP fuel discounts
- Job security, professional development and career progression opportunities
- Access to family scholarship programmes to support their tertiary study
- Excellent discounts at a wide range of retailers
- Access to free confidential counselling and support services for you and your family
We're all about Good Work
You've probably seen us around - on the roads, building sites, and in cities, towns, and locations all over New Zealand. We build and maintain infrastructure that improves the quality of life across New Zealand and Australia. Everything, from roads and bridges, to energy, water and communication.
We're big and growing but this will always be a family business with family centric values that are REAL; Respect, Energy & Effort, Attitude and Leadership - driving who we are and what we do. We know that we're only ever as good as our people. That's why we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best in the industry.
Sound like you?
If you are looking for a role to showcase your skills, build a long lasting legacy, and want to help us build on our Good Work culture, then we want to hear from you.
All successful candidates must under-go and pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen.
We celebrate and embrace diversity across our business and are committed to equal employment opportunities.
We believe in the value that diversity brings to our team and people who share our REAL values are encouraged to apply.