Senior Project Engineer - Major Projects
Location: Eight Mile Plains
Job Type: Full time
At Fulton Hogan we're passionate about creating, connecting and caring for communities, with people at the heart of everything. It's why we've created a culture of empowerment and autonomy to ensure our people can deliver "Good Work" each day. You'll have a fulfilling & rewarding career working with us and you'll contribute to a sustainable future we can all be proud of.
Due to continuous business growth, we are seeking a suitably experienced Senior Project Engineer to oversee construction projects from conception through to completion in our Infrastructure Services business. Based in Queensland and reporting to the Project Manager, you will be instrumental in working within a well-established team to coordinate construction activities whilst ensuring projects are delivered to a high standard and quality.
As the Senior Project Engineer, you will build on our strong key stakeholder relationships within both the government and private sectors, and you will be empowered to lead and develop a team of Project Engineers to ensure successful project delivery within a safety first culture.
- Coordinate construction activities, and ensure Systems of Work are implemented through SWMS, Special Processes and Corrective Actions;
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced taking into consideration project complexity, client requirements and budget constraints;
- Recommend/ approve award of subcontract packages, ensuring best value through appropriate scoping, commercial conditions and subcontractor selection;
- Review and analyse project programs to assess performance against the contract program and ensure mitigation measures are implemented as required and;
- Understand the application of the EBAs and ensure site compliance.
You will have previous experience in managing civil infrastructure projects and ensuring contractual obligations are met, as well as maintaining positive client relationships. Your ability to show initiative to identify and address issues before they arise, with the aptitude and flexibility for taking on new challenges will set you up for success. Your analytical ability in cost control, reviewing monthly project forecasts and interrogating forecasting costs to complete as required, will also be crucial to your delivery. You will possess a Degree in Engineering, coupled with proven experience in managing similar construction projects.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you. If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Find out more about us: https://www.fultonhogan.com/