Drainage Department Manager
Job Type: Full time
What we're looking for
Fulton Hogan is looking for a Drainage Department Manager to join our busy Manawatu team to help deliver the good work we're known for!
The successful applicant will be a good communicator, and someone who is able to form strong relationships with clients, co-workers and other stakeholders.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for the day to day management of projects. This includes (but not limited to) health and safety compliance, environmental compliance, quality assurance, resource management, planning and programming, financial management and managing of sub-contractors.
You will represent Fulton Hogan at meetings with clients and engineers and be responsible for preparing and presenting contractors reports and construction programmes.
What we need from you
You will be experienced manager with strong leadership ability within the construction space. This role offers diversity, challenge, and an ability to make your mark. You will have a strong focus on people leadership and development, managing key stakeholder relationships, and have operational and financial accountability.
The following skills and attributes are also required:
- Minimum 5 years' Engineering/Civil Contracting experience with experience in a frontline leadership role preferred
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering will be advantageous or proof that you are working towards one of the said qualifications
- Working knowledge of operational management including Health & Safety and environmental legislation
- Financial and business acumen
- Extensive leadership and people management experience with a strong focus on mentoring and leadership
- Well organised and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Practical minded and hands-on approach
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop staff
What is in it for you?
We have a great team culture and supportive work environment here in Fulton Hogan. We offer great learning and development with training opportunities to those who want to further their career and offer some great benefits such as free yearly medical checks, various retail discounts and benefits such as gym membership discounts.
In addition to a competitive salary package, we offer an excellent benefits package to our employees including:
- Medical insurance for you and your whānau (covers pre-existing conditions) from day one of employment
- Life insurance from day one
- Increased Kiwi Saver employer contributions after service milestones
- Long service leave
- BP fuel discounts
- Job security, professional development and career progression opportunities
- Access to family scholarship programmes to support their tertiary study
- Excellent discounts at a wide range of retailers
- Access to free confidential counselling and support services for you and your family
Fulton Hogan Philosophy
We build and maintain critical infrastructure that connects and enhances communities across New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific. Everything from roads and bridges, to airports and utilities. We're committed to ensuring the Good Work we do will make a positive difference to the quality of life for our people, our customers and the communities we all call home. Our continued success relies on generating new and diverse ideas, which is why our 'Good Work' culture encourages ownership and empowerment, while never forgetting the importance of balancing life's priorities.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you.
Click the "Apply Now" button to attach your CV and Cover Letter.
Festive Season: The Fulton Hogan Recruitment team will be taking a break from Thursday 22 December 2022 - Monday 16 January 2023. Updates on your application during this period will commence once the team is back in office. Thank you for your understanding AND Happy Holidays!