Location: Kalgoorlie - Boulder
Job Type: Full time
Located near Lake Lefroy in the iconic gold-producing Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia, our St Ives mine is around 80 kilometres south of Kalgoorlie and 630 kilometres east of Perth. Acquired from WMC Resources in 2001, the mine produces over 350,000 ounces per annum making it one of Australia’s leading gold producers.
Reporting to the Superintendent: Projects & Infrastructure, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support services to the area under control by ensuring the administrative, information and communication systems are competently managed.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract and is offered on a 5 day on 2 days off, 4 days on 3 days off roster and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie. Bus transportation is offered to and from site daily and relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate if required.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Retention bonus
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
About the role:
- Provide support that will optimise the team’s capacity to meet business requirements by organising meetings, video and teleconferences, catering, personal protective equipment, workstations, relevant security clearances, accommodation and travel
- Manage the administration aspects of the department including but not limited to, planned installations, hazard & incident alerts, timesheets and leave management forms as directed by management within agreed parameters to facilitate their timely completion
- Assist in the facilitation of Sustainability Management Standard Documents as per the Share point Controlled Document system and SIGM Management Standards.
- Have the ability to correlate sensitive documents from the Superintendent; Projects & Infrastructure to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the efficient operation of the department by maintaining document control, library management, registers, files and ensuring accessibility for relevant personnel
- Contribute to business productivity through accurate and timely data entry of relevant information, ensuring it is completed to a satisfactory level and raising awareness of anomalies to appropriate personnel
- Ensure minimal disruption to operations by maintaining an adequate level of supplies, stationary and other essential consumables
- Prepare relevant presentations, reports and data for the Department Manager by diligently collecting and combining information from a variety of sources and ensuring accuracy prior to distribution
- Prepare and distribute agendas, minutes and general correspondence using organisational style guidelines within agreed timeframes to meet business requirements
- Provide administration support to other Departments as required
- Certificate II level qualification in Business Administration (desirable)
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience in an office administrative role within the mining industry
- Experience with SAP would be highly advantageous to your application
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.