Open Cut Truck Operator
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields Group Services (Pty) Ltd
Gold Fields is currently seeking a Truck Driver to join their Surface Mining Team at St Ives Gold Mine. As a Truck Operator, you will drive surface mobile machinery to recover ore, and work to ensure targets are met safely and timely following operational standards.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This is offered on 4 days on, 4 nights on, 6 days off roster and would require the incumbent to be residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
- 6% Site Allowance, Quarterly Bonus Scheme and Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Annual Salary review
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational assistance, Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Sacrifice options
About the role:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GFA and ensures that the Vital Behaviours are always adhered to.
- Hauling loads, working collaboratively with team members, and ensuring ore loading & delivery is undertaken to plan;
- Maintaining a working knowledge of and commitment to all task instructions and procedures and ensure that these are consistently adhered to when carrying out operational tasks;
- Supporting the efficient operation of the mining systems and processes by providing reliable and accurate operational knowledge and practical application to minimise down time and potential loss of production;
- Achieving production targets by applying knowledge operating equipment to undertake ore handling (loading, movement and unloading, understanding cycle times) activities in the most safe and efficient manner.
- Be comfortable working in team environment
- Previous experience in Surface Mining operations operating haul trucks and water carts is essential.
- C’ Class Drivers Licence is compulsory; HR driver’s licence is desirable.
- Demonstrated high level of safety standards and work behaviour
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.