Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Geological Services, you will be responsible for assisting the geological team to facilitate optimum production in the field with exploration and in core yard operations for both surface and underground drilling programs.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on an 8 day on 6 days off roster residential from Kambalda or Kalgoorlie.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Supportive and friendly team to help you learn the role
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
About the role:
- Processing Diamond drill core including orientation, metre marking, RQD, recovery, core photography and cutting/sampling using Almonte core saw.
- Complete RC and Aircore sampling.
- Salt Lake AC sampling.
- Follow Gold Fields QAQC protocols.
- Clearing & preparing sites for future drilling programs.
- Rehabilitation of drill sites.
- Accurate data entry of geological information daily using Acquire and other software.
- Preparing samples to be dispatched to the assay laboratory.
- You will hold a valid manual driver’s license
- Ideally you will hold a forklift ticket or be willing to obtain
- Possess a Senior First Aid Certificate
- Like to work competently in an outdoor role in remote environments
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.