Operator : Process
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields Group Services (Pty) Ltd
Gruyere Gold Mine, a Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources Joint Venture (50/50) located in the Yamarna Greenstone Belt in Western Australia. This newly constructed mine site is one of Australia’s largest and lowest cost gold mining operations boasting a plant production of 300,000+ ounces per annum with an enviable production profile in excess of 10 years.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Process (Shifts), you will be responsible for operating the gold processing plant and equipment in a safe, environmentally responsible, productive, and efficient manner.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off, 7 nights on 7 nights roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Retention Bonus Scheme
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employee Assistance Program
About the role:
- Operation of all processing plant equipment relating to: Crushing, Grinding, Gravity, Leach, Adsorption, Elution, and Tails Storage Facility;
- Control Room Operation of the process control system Yokogawa;
- Identifying and diagnosing items of the plant that require preventative maintenance or repair;
- Ensuring production activities achieve maximum effective use of the plant and equipment;
- Identifying and act on ways of improving output or efficiency of the plant;
- Operating the IT loader, bobcat, forklift, and power tools in a safe and correct manner;
- Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees where directed;
- Abiding by the requirements of the "Personal Safety and Health Commitment" and employee Duty of Care obligations.
- Proven operating experience in a mineral processing environment, preferably Gold
- Previous Control Room experience, specifically with Yokogawa DCS
- The ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Capability to complete repetitive tasks at a consistent standard
- A Valid C Class Driver’s Licence
- Computing skills in word processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.