Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Reporting to the Alt Unit Manager: Underground Mining, you will facilitate the safe and optimal extraction of gold from the Underground mining operations (Hamlet). In compliance with site standards, you will be responsible for all site mining engineering requirements including drill and blast pattern design and production scheduling in line with short to medium term planning targets.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on a 8 days on, 6 days off roster fly in fly out from Perth, or residential Kambalda/Kalgoorlie.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
- 6% Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Flexible Working Arrangements available upon request
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
Duties of the role:
- Assist the Senior Engineer with the preparation of medium- and long-term plans and forecasts;
- Development and implementation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly production plans in line with operational targets;
- Develop drill and blast designs that maximise ore extraction and minimise dilution;
- Liaise with the operational and technical teams for short to medium term schedule implementation;
- Apprising the Underground Manager of issues that may affect safe and efficient production through frequent communication in an appropriate manner;
- Be organized and prepared to undertake additional/alternative responsibilities as reasonably requested by Senior Engineer or Underground Manager.
- Have a BEng degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Have 2+ years of Underground mining engineering experience, with exposure to drill and blast design, preferably gold
- Completion of Underground practical expierence
- Be team orientated
- Have exposure to Mining software Surpac and Deswik CAD would be highly regarded
- Hold a valid Driver’s License
- Hold a current Dangerous Goods Card
- Have a current Apply First Aid Certification
- Have the ability to mentor and develop the capability of Graduate Engineers
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com.au
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.