Physio/Injury Management Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile.
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
St Ives Gold Mine is located 20km south-east of Kambalda and approximately 80 km south of Kalgoorlie. It is comprised of both open pit and underground operations and produces over 350,000 ounces of gold per annum.
The role will manage the design, implementation and operation of onsite injury treatment, rehabilitation and prevention programs whilst supporting the sites injury management and return to work services. Other sub roles include the development of risk-based Health and Wellness programs that focus on the reduction of all injuries/ illnesses at Granny Smith and facilitates the encouragement of a proactive workforce to identify and control all health-related hazards.
This highly autonomous role will give you the chance to work with a diverse range of stakeholders across our operation.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on a 4 days on 3 days off roster and is fly in fly out from Perth.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
- Stability - Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life
- 6% Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Company Salary Continuance and Life Insurance cover
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
About the role:
- Develop and deliver Granny Smith’s onsite physiotherapy, injury management and injury prevention programs to enhance employee wellbeing
- Active promotion and facilitation of training and education programs with leaders and employees about injury prevention and management
- Provide ergonomic worksite assessment and advice
- Liaising with Line Managers to provide coaching and gain consensus on best practice return to work strategies,
- Assist with the identification of suitable duties and develop formal RTW programs as per governing legislation,
- Deliver and monitor onsite physiotherapy treatment in line with evidence-based practice
- Identify and drive activities to ensure safe, durable, and timely return to work during the claim duration
- Tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Authority (AHPRA)
- A minimum 1of 12 months of clinical experience as a physiotherapist in a musculoskeletal or high-performance setting, including advanced exercise prescription and application of a range of manual therapies
- Demonstrated ability to apply evidence-based knowledge of physical conditioning and injury management to an occupational and/or high-performance setting
- Demonstrated understanding and application of workers compensation and best practice return to work strategies
- Knowledge of mining risks associated with health and ergonomics
- Knowledge of Health Promotion strategies and understanding of effective employee health program design and evaluation techniques
- Participation in health teams that have successfully reduced workplace exposures and improved employee health through Fitness for Work programs
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience in Occupational Health Information Systems (e.g., SolvInjury, INX, SAP, etc.)
- Current manual Driver’s Licence
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com.au
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.