Job Type: Full time
Gruyere Gold Mine is a 50:50 joint venture between Gold Fields Ltd and Gold Road Resources. It is located in the Yamarna Greenstone Belt, approximately 200km east of Laverton in the north-eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia.
Gruyere Gold Mine, a Gold Fields and Gold Road Resources Joint Venture (50/50) located in the Yamarna Greenstone Belt in Western Australia. This newly constructed mine site boasts a plant production of 300,000+ ounces per annum with an enviable production profile in excess of 10 years. Making it one of Australia’s largest and lowest cost gold mining operations.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer: Mine Planning, you will be responsible for determining the optimal extraction for the ore-body. Develop and distribute mine plans in order to communicate this strategy along with monitoring the ongoing mining operation to check performance in relation to the plan.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture, and performance of Gold Fields.
This role is offered on a 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Retention bonuses
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary sacrifice options
- Annual salary review
- Educational assistance program
- Employee assistance program
About the role:
- Implement strategies and initiatives to achieve best practices;
- Ensure all design work gives due consideration to the safety and well-being of all employees;
- Undertake conceptual and details mine design, assessments, and schedules to maximise deliverable economic potential of the ore-body;
- Ensure quality of all plans delivered to the operation that are practical and technically sound to enable efficient production;
- Undertake capital and project works including design, assessment, and project management;
- Coordinate and liaise with consultants for specialist works;
- Maintain electronic filing system for mine planning design and construction.
- Have a Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or related discipline
- Hold a WA Quarry Manager’s ticket or ability to obtain
- Display experience in a similar role, with exposure to all production phases
- Have proven experience as a Mine Engineer with exposure to Drill & Blast, Load & Haul, Production Engineering, Projects, Planning, and Scheduling (preferably in gold)
- Be proficient in mining software such as Deswik, Whittle, Datamine, and Microsoft Office
- Hold a valid Driver’s Licence
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.