Senior Environment Advisor
Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile.
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
St Ives Gold Mine is located 20km south-east of Kambalda and approximately 80 km south of Kalgoorlie. It is comprised of both open pit and underground operations and produces over 350,000 ounces of gold per annum.
Reporting to the Superintendent: Environment, you will be responsible for the contribution of environmental activities within the operation which meet current and anticipated demands in accordance with Gold Fields EHS standards whilst maintaining strict compliance with relevant legislative and statutory requirements to ensure sustainable mining operations.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
Bus transportation is offered to and from site for residential candidates and relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate if required.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
About the role:
- Provide strategic advice and support on environment aspect and be responsible for day to day environmental operations
- Provision of coordination, support, direction and expertise in proactive environmental management ensuring effective controls are in place and managed, compliant with legislative, heritage and corporate obligations
- Advise on and facilitate approvals for operations, including but not limited to considerations of tenure, stakeholder consultation and legal permissions under the relevant Environment, Mining and Heritage Acts
- Develop & review the application of procedures, processes, methodologies and technologies where appropriate
- Assist in the preparation of department budgets and forecasts to effectively deliver on the department’s business plan
- Engender confidence and compliance with environmental policies by demonstrating a commitment to environmental management, integrating good environmental management into everyday practices, influencing all site personnel to do the same
- Manage the development, implementation and audit of Environmental Management Standards and design appropriate strategies to ensure compliance throughout the business
- Coordinate and undertake site monitoring programs, data collection and analysis, and reporting to ensure compliance with obligations, commitments and company requirements
- Maintain site Environmental Aspects and Obligations Registers
- Assist in the continuous improvement and maintenance of the site’s ISO14001/ICMI certified EHS Management System
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science (or equivalent)
- Experience in compilation and submission of environmental approvals (mining)
- Demonstrated leadership, performance development experience in a multi-disciplinary environment and ability to coach and mentor Environmental Advisors.
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.