Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile.
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Reporting to the Lead : OHS, you will be responsible for the coordination and development of the Emergency Services and Security functions on site.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered on an 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth or Drive in Drive out from the Goldfields region.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service leave pro rata after 5 years of continuous service
About the role:
- Lead and engage the Emergency Response Team to ensure best emergency service and security practices onsite
- Assist in the effective control of departmental expenses by optimising the use of allocated funds in areas such as training & development, consumables, servicing and repair of emergency response and security equipment including departmental vehicles
- Represent the site and Gold Fields Australia in several forums relating to, but not limited to mine rescue committees and competitions, law enforcement agencies, mining regulators and community emergency response groups
- Accurately maintain information systems and other documentation to ensure site certifications are and legal compliance is achieved
- Ensure site access systems are maintained and adhered to
- Conduct security investigations as needed and liaise with external stakeholders as required
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Certificate - Control a Level 1 incident - Incident Management – or equivalent - Desired
- Certificate III in Security Operations – Or cert II – Desired
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment and OHS
- Proven extensive experience in Emergency Services and/or Security team in a mining environment
- Leadership experience in an Emergency Services team environment
- Familiar with the use of software such as INX and Gallagher Command Centre and Best Practice will be highly regarded
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.