Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile.
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Situated in the Eastern Goldfields region, our Agnew mine site is 23 kilometres west of Leinster, 375 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie and nearly 1,000 kilometres north-east of Perth. Acquired in 2001, Agnew Gold Mine produces over 250,000 ounces of gold per annum & is leading the way in the transition to renewable power for off-grid mining operations. The Agnew Hybrid Renewable Project is Australia’s largest hybrid renewable energy microgrid and the first to utilise wind generation at a mine site.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, you will be responsible for providing quality mine geology services and work collaboratively with the broader Mining Team to maximise return from the operation.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered on a 10 month fixed term contract basis on a 8 days on 6 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational assistance
About the role:
- Implementing mining methodology that minimises dilution and maximises recovery;
- Collate and deliver production and geological data and reports;
- Document the controls on mineralisation in mapping, reports and presentations;
- Geological interpretation, grade control models, resource models and reporting;
- QA/QC and ensure quality and integrity of data;
- Understand regional and local controls on mineralisation and testing;
- Design grade control and drill programs;
- Consider financial impact and manage costs effectively;
- Participate in continuous improvement of existing systems and process and identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Geology
- Previous practical experience in Open Pit Mining is desirable
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and geological software such as Datamine, Vulcan, Surpac and Leapfrog
- Possess a Valid WA C Driver’s Licence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.