Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile.
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Situated in the Eastern Goldfields region, our Agnew mine site is 23 kilometres west of Leinster, 375 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie and nearly 1,000 kilometres north-east of Perth. Acquired in 2001, Agnew Gold Mine produces over 250,000 ounces of gold per annum & is leading the way in the transition to renewable power for off-grid mining operations. The Agnew Hybrid Renewable Project is Australia’s largest hybrid renewable energy microgrid and the first to utilise wind generation at a mine site.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist: Exploration at Agnew, you will be responsible for generating new high-quality exploration projects within the mining lease and working collaboratively with the exploration team to implement exploration programs to cost effectively test those targets and develop resources to near production stage.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered on a permanent basis working on a 8 days on 6 days off Fly in Fly out roster from Perth.
- 6% Site Allowance, Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
- Salary Sacrifice options
About the role:
- Provide ongoing supervision, mentoring and coaching to Exploration Geologists and Geological Technicians;
- Lead the integration of all geological, geochemical, and geophysical data into three dimensional models using appropriate software leading to the generation of new targets by visualisation, interpretation and interrogation of these models;
- Prioritise these robust exploration targets at both mine and regional scale using business processes and support the submission and planning of approved work programs using the appropriate capital control protocol;
- Plan, organise and implement exploration programs in both greenfields and brownfields environments, including mapping, surface sampling, and (Aircore, RC, or Diamond) drill programs;
- Collate and deliver accurate geological models, data, forecasts, and associated reports within agreed timeframes to provide management guidance with progress/status against outlook, forecast and budget;
- Contribute to the definition, implementation, and monitoring of short, medium and long-term exploration programs to extend the Life of Mine (LOM) and increase reserves and resources.
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Geology
- Solid experience in exploration, previous experience in Gold exploration preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and geological software such as Leapfrog Geo and ArcGIS
- Possess a valid Driver’s Licence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.