Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields Group Services (Pty) Ltd
Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking a Charge Up Operator to join the team at Agnew Gold Mine (New Holland).
Reporting to the Supervisor: Underground Production, the successful incumbent of this role will be responsible for charging both development and production blasts, transport, and handling of explosives, maintaining underground firing lines and carrying out shot firing duties
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered on 8 days on and 6 days off, 7 nights on and 7 nights off roster and is FIFO from Perth
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
About the role:
- Maintain a working knowledge of and commitment to all relevant task instructions and procedures, ensure that these are consistently adhered when carrying out operational tasks, assisting colleagues to do the same.
- Achieve production targets through the diligent application of explosive blasting services that will provide targeted ore in the desired form for bogging with safety and efficiency as priorities
- Correct auditing and housekeeping of all equipment
- Assist in the provision of preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and organising the timely repair of operating equipment; and,
- Support the efficient operation of the underground mining systems and processes by providing reliable and accurate operational knowledge to minimise down time.
- Vast proven experience in underground operations.
- Experience with the use of emulsion in blasting is preferred
- Extensive record of safe underground mining practices.
- Dangerous Goods and Working at Heights Ticket is required.
- Valid drivers’ licence and Shot firer’s licence are essential.
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.