Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields Group Services (Pty) Ltd
Reporting to the Supervisor: Underground Production, the successful incumbent of this role will be responsible for providing quality and timely underground mining support services such as air, water, ventilation, pump lines, tele-remote and electricity setups. This will assist in timely development and production to recover targeted ore to ensure operational targets are met in a safe, environmentally compliant, and efficient manner.
Safety is a core value at Gold Fields, and we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of our company.
This role is offered on 8 days on 6 days off, 7 nights on 7 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth, or DIDO for the local community.
Gold Fields has a vast array of benefits including:
- Stability - Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life
- 6 % Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary continuance scheme and life insurance
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Short travel times to a well-equipped camp with your own rooms plus full phone & wifi access
- Salary Sacrifice options
Duties of the role:
- Carrying out operational tasks relating to ventilation, water, power, ground support, and compressed air
- Operation of tools and equipment including elevated work platforms, integrated tool carriers, light vehicles and other hydraulically operated mobile machinery
- Support efficient operation by providing reliable and accurate knowledge to minimise down time
- Provide preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing, adjustments, troubleshooting and organising the timely repair of operating equipment
- Action tasks in accordance with environmental policies; control, contain, clean-up and communicate all environmental spills with particular attention to oil and hydraulic leaks.
- Experience in underground operations in a service or paste crew capacity
- Truck Operation experience would be advantageous to your application
- Dangerous Goods and Working at Heights Ticket is required
- Valid drivers’ licence is essential
Feel free to apply via: https://careers.goldfields.com/australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.