Senior Mine Planning Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
Gold Fields Australia is currently seeking a Senior Engineer: Mine Planning to join our Technical Services Department in our Perth based office supporting the Gold Fields Australia open pit sites.
Reporting to the Superintendent: Mine Planning the role is to be part of a team that provides services to the region’s mining operations, in compliance with region’s Environmental and Safety Standards. The successful applicant will be engaged in the technical aspects of design and scheduling for the medium to long term mine planning of multiple open pits.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields.
This role is offered on on a combined Fly in Fly out to Site/Perth Office arrangement and is offered on a roster comprising of 5 Days On 2 Days Off (8 hours), 4 Days On 3 Days Off (12 Hours), 5 Days On 2 Days Off (8 Hours). Flexible working arrangements are available after a qualifying period for the right candidate.
- Annual Bonus
- Long-Term Cash Bonus Plan
- Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Salary sacrifice options
- Continual training and the ability to expand your career
About the role:
- Undertake open pit optimisations, design, and evaluation work, calculating ore reserves according to planning policies and legislative requirements;
- Prepare infrastructure designs, pit layouts, and supporting information for inclusion in legislative approval documents and mining studies;
- Undertake medium- and long-term scheduling and development of optimal pit staging and sequencing;
- Develop and prepare reports for open pit projects at various stages of development (Concept through to Feasibility);
- Prepare and communicate reports on technical activities including dilution modelling, fleet requirements, project development, project status, and identification of barriers;
- Undertake economic analysis for open pits and technical projects;
- Deliver high-quality work with the appropriate level of detail, accuracy and in a timely manner;
- Develop strong networks with operational personnel and supporting departments to ensure effective communication, information transfer, and efficient preparation and execution of plans;
- Ability to engage and manage external consultants for specialist technical projects;
- Develop, implement and maintain adherence to appropriate procedures and processes to ensure consistent, timely, and efficient delivery of mining plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering
- Proven extensive open pit engineering experience (planning and operational)
- Proven Project Management experience
- Understanding of mining and environmental approvals
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work autonomously and remotely
- Proficient in mining software such as Deswik, Xeras, Datamine, and Microsoft Office
- Valid Driver’s Licence. Senior First Aid certificate is desirable
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.