Surface Mining Administrator
Location: Kambalda East
Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile.
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
St Ives Gold Mine is located 20km south-east of Kambalda and approximately 80 km south of Kalgoorlie. It is comprised of both open pit and underground operations and produces over 350,000 ounces of gold per annum.
Reporting to the Superintendent: Maintenance, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support services to the Maintenance department by ensuring the administrative, information and communication systems are competently managed.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields with the purpose of creating enduring value beyond mining.
This role is offered as residential in Kambalda or Kalgoorlie on a 5 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off roster. Bus transportation is offered to and from site for residential candidates and relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate if required.
- 6% Site Allowance & Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Retention bonus
- Salary sacrifice options
- Increased leave entitlements for annual leave, paid primary and secondary parental leave
About the role:
- Raise requisitions as required and work with the Accounts Payable Team to ensure that all invoices for goods and services received are processed in SAP within agreed time frames and as required
- Assist with the employment lifecycle of an employee, by actioning notifications and assisting with onboarding
- Enter leave applications in line with Time Off within SuccessFactors for the HR department
- Manage and prioritise the workload in order to provide general administrative support to the business, including but not limited to travel arrangements, ordering supplies, electronic filing and use of systems within the business databases
- Build stakeholder confidence and protect the integrity of the department by maintaining a high degree of confidentiality in communication and ensuring sensitive information is kept secure
- Provide administration support to other departments as required
- Completion of Year 12 or equivalent
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Previous experience in in an administrative role within the resources sector
- Experience with SAP, InFlight, INX or SuccessFactors would be highly regarded
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Microsoft Office applications
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.