Job Type: Full time
Gold Fields is a globally diversified gold producer with nine operating mines in Australia, Peru, South Africa and West Africa (including the Asanko JV), as well as one project in Chile
Gold Fields' mining assets in the Australia region (GFA) include a 100% interest in the St Ives, Agnew and Granny Smith mines and a 50:50 interest in the Gruyere JV project with Gold Road Resources.
The electrical maintenance team at Granny Smith have an opportunity for an expereinced Underground Electrician to join their team.
Reporting to the Leading Hand at Granny Smith site, you will be responsible for providing quality and timely preventative electrical maintenance and repairs of the underground mining infrastructure in alignment with GFA and operation specific quality procedures and statutory regulations.
As an employee at Gold Fields, we expect all levels of employees to always act in a manner that seeks to align and enhance the values, safety culture and performance of Gold Fields.
This role is offered on 8 days on 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off roster and is Fly in Fly out from Perth or Drive in Drive out from the Goldfields region.
- Stability - Granny Smith has a 10-year mine life
- 6% Site Allowance & Quarterly Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Insurance Allowance
- Virgin Velocity reward points
- Continual training and ability to expand your career
- Employee referral program - $10,000 per successful referral!
- Salary Sacrifice options
About the role:
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping throughout the maintenance workshops and wherever maintenance work is carried out, to contribute towards a safe work environment, efficient operation of the facilities and to reduce the risk of incidents or injury and the existence of potential hazards.
- Routine inspections, installation & fault finding of communication systems: Leaky Feeder, Digital Drift.
- Fault-finding, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of the High voltage & Low voltage Underground infrastructure, Mobile equipment, and primary and secondary Pumping/Ventilation.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of equipment.
- Maintenance and repairs of RCT remote bogging/guidance systems.
You will have:
- Valid WA Manual Driver’s License
- West Australian Recognised Electrical trade qualification required
- Minimum 2 years underground mining experience (Desirable)
- High Voltage Switching certification (Desirable)
- Working at heights and EWP tickets
- Crane, dogging &/or forklift ticket also (Desirable)
Applications can be submitted via: https://careers.goldfields.com/Australia
We are committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workforce, and strongly encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, as well as candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
At Gold Fields we work together as a team to deliver excellent results and take pride in what we do. We actively seek input from others and truly believe that diverse views improve the quality of our work. We work hard, so when the business achieves its goals, employees can share in better salary increases and bonuses, and we have more money to invest in communities and ongoing renewable energy projects.