Great Southern Bank
Job Type: Full time
About the role…
You will lead the financial reporting space and the ongoing improvement of our risk, regulatory, and financial reporting framework. You will help shape the strategy for the team and the ongoing enhancement activities and continuous improvement initiatives relating to the Finance function. You will coach and support your direct reports, lead other members of the Finance team, and collaborate with the broader organisation by bringing an enterprise view.
With your solutions focused leadership style you will:
- Lead the strategy for the delivery of year-round financial reporting for the Great Southern Bank Group for both internal and external purposes
- Oversee the systems accounting obligations for the Great Southern Bank Group
- Contribute to Board reporting and Group policy development
- Establish strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, be a trusted advisor across our business, and promote a shared knowledge of financial services
- Keep abreast of regulatory and reporting developments and recommend strategies to implement changes as necessary
- Maintain the culture of exceptional service, teamwork, commitment to excellence and a professional ethic that enables the achievement of team and organisational objectives
What we're looking for…
- 8+ years' accounting experience, including in a management position within chartered or commercial organisations
- Strong experience in statutory reporting, knowledge of current accounting and regulatory practices and systems accounting
- Led small to medium sized teams and worked in medium to large sized enterprises, supporting and/or leading discussions with executives and senior management
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Experience in financial services strongly preferred
- Commerce / Business degree with a major in Accounting
- CA / CPA qualified
What's in it for you?
We want you to make an impact. You will be part of a growing and innovative organization, with the ability to influence the people, culture and practices of Great Southern Bank - keeping us at the top of our game.
You will be able to make a bigger difference with us! While we might be a bit smaller than the majors, your circle of influence is infinitely greater. You will see the immediate results of your work, be recognised for your achievements, and be provided with the support you need to help balance your career.
We believe that investing in our people is central to upholding our great culture. To help you be at your best, we provide a collaborative, flexible and supportive working environment that helps you balance career, family, health and the things you love doing. We have a variety of employee benefits that you can access from discounted financial and insurance products, a variety of leave options, and benefits and incentives covering, health, wellness and lifestyle options. Read more about these exciting benefits on our careers site!
Questions? Please contact Anna from our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Great Southern Bank, we're committed to building a strong, inclusive and diverse workplace, where people feel a sense of belonging, are valued, connected and respected. We value diverse backgrounds, cultures, abilities, ideas and experiences; recognising the benefits they bring to our work, our communities and the way we help our customers. We support and promote an inclusive culture through flexible ways of working, collaboration, fair and equitably decision making that empowers our people to be at their best every day.