Quality Assurance Lead
Greyhound Racing VIC
Location: West Melbourne - Flexible Options
Job Type: Full time
Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) is the statutory authority responsible for regulating, conducting and promoting greyhound racing in Victoria, a sport that annually generates around $400 million in economic activity and over $3 billion in wagering and directly involves over 15,000 people. Our vision is “Victorian Greyhound Racing is a vibrant, entertaining and thriving sport with animal welfare at its heart
The Quality Assurance Lead will manage a team of Quality Assurance and Automation Developers to contribute to the effective rendition of business requirements into high quality solutions for the organisation’s web and internal business systems.
You will contribute to the consulting, analysis and test automation development services throughout development ensuring a robust solution is delivered for both customer acceptance testing and production.
Position responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Build a high performing QA professionals with a focus on best practices and processes leading to high level outcomes for all stakeholders
- Allocate work across multiple application releases, projects and business initiatives. Identify and report resource issues or conflicts.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Product Owners, and Delivery Manager to ensure QA resource requirements can be met.
- Ensure the team is skilled across multiple functions to remove single point of failure
- Aid in defining and driving test automation strategies, frameworks, process and execution using web automation tools and frameworks in order to increase testing productivity, speed of delivery, system performance and test coverage
- Acquiring and applying knowledge of new developments within test automation that has a positive influence on GRV IT business systems
- Ensure the QA Team maintain robust documentation for test cases and results, risks, issues and defects
- Analysing stakeholder requirements and developing manual testing plan
- Ensure all critical paths within the digital platform are covered with acceptable test cases.
- Develops and fosters effective relationships with team members, staff and essential stakeholders in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment
Skills and Attributes:
- 8 + years of professional experience in a quality assurance role
- Extensive knowledge in both Manual and automation testing with an exposure to Agile
- Exposure to working on mobile application testing, cross- browser testing and API testing
- Working experience in commercial automation tools (Protractor, Selenium WebDriver, Appium etc)
- Sound working experience in use of and maintaining automated functional test frameworks
- Working experience with TSQL, MSSQL and Postgres
- Knowledge of the greyhound racing industry (desirable)
To apply, go to the careers.vic.gov.au website, search Greyhound Racing Victoria, select the position and click ‘apply now’. Your application must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (skills, knowledge, experience) and a copy of your resume, by close of business Thursday 29 September 2022.
For more information, contact Nicole Hassall, People & Culture Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) is committed to building a workplace that not only respects but embraces difference and sees diversity as an essential part of our success. GRV is an organisation that is driven by values and strives for a culture of inclusion where all people feel respected, valued, listened to, inspired and that they belong.
All offers of Employment will be subject to a satisfactory police check
All employees must reside in Australia and have the right to work in Australia