Trainer/Assessor | Track Maintenance
Greyhound Racing Victoria
Location: West Melbourne - Flexible Options
Job Type: Contract/temp, Full time
Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) is the statutory authority responsible for regulating, conducting and promoting greyhound racing in Victoria; a sport that annually generates more than $500 million in economic activity, over $3 billion in wagering, and directly involves over 15,000 people including through 4,300 direct and indirect jobs across the state.
Our vision is “Victorian greyhound racing is a vibrant, entertaining and thriving sport with animal welfare at its heart”. The integrity of the sport and the welfare of greyhounds are both significant components of the strategic objectives of GRV.
Our Trainer /Assessor (Track Maintenance) will be instrumental in launching and maintaining a newly created, nationally accredited Certificate III in Racing Services (Track Maintenance) training program for both new Trainees and current Club Track Maintenance team members.
This is a full time, fixed term opportunity.
On a typical day, you will...
- Continually research, validate and moderate innovative learning practices and delivery options directed to the needs of students and industry
- Perform coordination and compliance activities for the successful deployment of the Certificate III in Racing Services (Track Maintenance)
- Conduct projects, including the development of project plans, training plans and scheduling, project completion and the implementation of industry outcomes
- Plan and implement learning and assessment of the Certificate III in Racing Services (Track Maintenance) in accordance with curriculum / national training packages
- Provide to students educational mentoring, counselling, referral to appropriate support services and/or initiate implementation of learning programs to optimise progress and retention
- Participate in strategic planning activities and contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives as allocated in work planning processes
- Provide documentation, reports and record keeping in accordance with policy and procedure
Our ideal candidate will have...
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate III in Racing Services (or willingness to attain)
- Ability to work autonomously and confidence to take initiative
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management working with senior staff through to trainees
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box within a compliance framework
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in either training and assessment and/or grounds maintenance/trades
- Understanding of ASQA compliance and AQTF
- Knowledge of GTO, AAC and RTO partnerships
Interested? Apply today!
To apply, click Apply. Your application must include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (skills, knowledge, experience) and a copy of your resume. For a copy of the position description, click here.
For more information, contact Nicole Hassall, People & Culture Business Partner at email@example.com.
GRV is committed to building a workplace that not only respects but embraces difference and sees diversity as an essential part of our success. GRV is an organisation that is driven by values and strives for a culture of inclusion where all people feel respected, valued, listened to, inspired and that they belong. All offers of Employment will be subject to a satisfactory police check All employees must reside in Australia and have the right to work in Australia.