Document Control Manager
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 82223
Job Category: Engineering; Administration/Support; Project Management
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Document Control Manager to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Perth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for following project and client standards, provide technical expertise to the team, develop and implement new or improved processes. This position requires experience in the EPCM industry, understanding of site activities and managing teams located in local and international offices.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Manage work-sharing between numerous office locations, WA, QLD and overseas, along with flexibility for potential site visits.
- Accountable to manage the organisation and maintenance of information in an electronic information management/document control system
- Manage, mentor, and lead the document control and project support group teams.
- Optimise document control processes to minimized double handling of information and actively work to improving document control processes.
- Establish the interface with client, vendor and site document control teams and interpret client policies and procedures and advise management on the impact to document control program.
- Collaborate with other functions to refine and define processes, provide solutions and recommendations for success
- Coordinate and assist in the development of project objectives/plans, quality control standards, contributing to training programs, and assisting in the planning cycle.
- Lead and support the maintenance of applications to customise to improve process by providing advice, guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Deliver awareness sessions/presentations related to document control.
- Provide input and assess the integrity of applications in accordance with user requirements and application demands.
You bring to the role:
You will understand and have experience working in large complex organizations, ideally in engineering and construction, along with previous document control experience. Previous exposure with relevant Document Management Systems, such as TeamBinder, ProjectWise, SharePoint and other collaborative project management tools considered an asset, with ability to learn other software tools and advanced Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe/PDF Xchange. Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements, along with competency in continuous improvement, change management, and a flexible approach. We are looking for candidates with outstanding communication and relationship building skills, in addition to exceptional attention to detail.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.