Senior Site Planner
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 84550
Job Category: Project Controls
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly experienced Senior Site Planner to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Australia. The Senior Site Planner will manage and oversee the Planning & Scheduling functional group on a large multidiscipline EPCM project and be a core member of the site team playing a pivotal role in key decision making and leadership.
Hatch’s project delivery teams help clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities and solution-focused leadership. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering, project management and construction disciplines drive for safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects across our global metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We support our clients through their entire project lifecycle. From identification of potential business opportunities; through front-end evaluation and definition studies into project execution and commissioning; and increasingly into their ongoing operations by supporting business efficiency improvements and ultimate operations closure.
Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change, by providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Report to the planning manager and be responsible for the overall delivery of the site Planning & Scheduling function including execution planning, schedule maintenance, change management, progress measurement and evaluation, trending and forecasting, and reporting.
- Lead and mentor the Planning team to ensure that staff have the necessary functional skills and “team” approach, to support the client and project team to positively influence project outcomes.
- Establish and maintain the planning baselines used to manage the project, control change, and evaluate performance.
- Perform schedule control by determining critical path analysis, planned value, earned value, schedule variance, schedule performance indices and schedule risk analysis, and recommending corrective actions when required.
- Update project schedules to reflect progress against project plan and preparing management reports.
- Integrate client, contractor, vendor and other stakeholder input as required.
- Work with other project functional groups (including engineering, procurement and construction teams) to monitor progress, identify trends and risks, and evaluate performance, to support project decisions.
- Proactively coordinate schedule risk management and recommend corrective schedule actions to mitigate identified schedule threats.
- Publish accurate and timely schedule reporting to support control of the work and inform all project stakeholders.
- Develop timely and efficient planning input and analysis for other project reporting tools such as Synchro 4D and Power BI reports.
You bring to the role:
- Strong leadership and “team-player” qualities
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent related experience
- 10+ years’ similar experience in an execution project environment with detailed knowledge of Execution Planning, schedule quantitative risk analysis, schedule maintenance and change management, progress measurement and evaluation, trending and forecasting, and reporting
- Hands on experience in planning and preparing logic diagrams, critical path networks and bar charts, with particular emphasis on detailed construction schedules
- Experience in high value, multi-discipline EPCM project environments from inception to close-out
- Strong personal computer skills (particularly MS Office suite) and relevant project controls specific software skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to convey project technical information to project stakeholders
- Organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, take direction, and provide direction to others to ensure the quality of deliverables
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen, hold permanent residency status, or alternatively, a Visa that entitles you to work in Australia.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.