Apprentice Civil Draftsperson
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 84894
Job Category: Campus
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking expressions of interest from highly motivated individuals looking to undertake a Drafting Apprenticeship and join our Infrastructure Group in Perth.
Our Infrastructure Group is experiencing growth due to recently secured, high profile projects and future workforce planning requirements. We are looking for motivated individuals who have a desire to commence their career in Civil Drafting.
The ideal candidate will have completed their Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) and will be seeking a permanent employment opportunity – with an interest in gaining exposure to projects in the Infrastructure sector. They will be given the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with other team members - working towards the successful production and delivery of civil drawings to our clients.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Undertake training through Tafe WA, attending one day per week to achieve a Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Gain an understanding of civil drafting and design standards as they relate to major clients
- Develop a sound knowledge and understanding of design software – predominately AutoCAD and 12d
- Develop skills overtime to be responsible for the production of civil design documentation and models
- Exposure to major clients, state of the art technologies and working alongside well-regarded industry and technical experts
You will belong to a company that fosters career growth, encourages continuous improvement and is pioneering in nature.
You will have opportunities to:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to complete project deliverables for clients
- Develop mentoring relationships with experienced professionals and experts
- Work towards individual career goals
- Work in a flexible framework and environment
- Attend networking events, opportunities, and activities
- Continuously learn and develop through a variety of challenging work experiences and career pathways
You bring to the role:
You will be committed to achieving a Diploma in Civil Engineering through Tafe WA. You will have a willingness to learn and take on responsibility for the quality of deliverables and be an active team player, display initiative and be a contributor. Good communication skills and presentation are a must, along with awareness and strong appreciation of safety practices.
If you are keen to commence your career working within a high performing team to deliver innovative, first class Projects to various Clients we would like to hear from you.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.