Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 84427
Job Category: Digital
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey, successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin, deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch, a full-service consultancy, is currently seeking a highly motivated Engagement/Project Manager to join the Digital group in Brisbane.
Our Digital and consulting experts work with our clients to help them meet their business, financial, and project objectives. As an Engagement Manager, you will make an important contribution to the strategy, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. This role will be focused on delivering engagements for our mining clients and the development and execution of their integrated operation, visions, strategies and implementation plans. If you are interested in working with leading experts across various sectors, join our Digital team today!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Develop and nurture long-term client relationships
- Initiate workshops and conduct assessments working with project stakeholders at all working levels
- Conduct project risk evaluations and project management processes, including start up planning activities,
- Initiate and implement the project plan(s) collaborating with project stakeholders to define scope, goals, deliverables, and project governance
- Manage projects and project teams, leveraging expert resources from the rest of the company
- Manage, monitor, and report overall project health, escalating issues when needed
- Coordinate activities across a broad spectrum of disciplines such as digital, IT/OT, Control & Automation, operating model design and implementation,organizational change management, and facilities.
- Ensure risks are documented and adequately managed by developing appropriate mitigation strategies
- Steer the project(s) to meet client expectations and project objectives
- Be a champion of inclusion and diversity
You bring to the role:
- 8+ years of program and project management or relevant industry experience
- Proven industry experience in mining and exposure to mining management systems (or similar industries).
- Proven experience with large systems implementation and integration requirements, maximizing organizational performance and productivity with people process technology framework
- Solid understanding of current mining trends
- Solid functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Strategy, Business Readiness & Transformation, Organization Effectiveness, and Risk Management
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of project execution, including project controls, EPCM processes, procurement, contracting and engineering management is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience, an MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree is advantageous
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and the ability to distill value during projects
- Client relationship management and business development skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivating and supportive leadership skills
- Ability to connect the dots and solve problems
- Capacity to coach junior staff
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Think globally, work locally
- Top employer
- Engage people who make a difference
- Apply your business and technical expertise to grow a key part of the Hatch business
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Collaborate with leading consultants and technical experts towards a better world through positive change
- The opportunity to drive your career
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.