Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 85412
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey, successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin, deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment. We are actively seeking individuals who can join the Building Information Modeling (BIM) and computer-aided design (CAD) support team. Hatch are looking for an exceptional passionate candidate combined with a willingness to learn to join our growing team in Australia. As part of our wider engineering team the applicant will help implement, setup, support projects with BIM and CAD applications.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Setup BIM and CAD applications according to organizations best practices
- Support the development of company BIM and CAD standards, and update as necessary
- Take part in identifying and implementing areas of new technology, applications, and processes
- Continuing support and training of in-house BIM and CAD capabilities within Hatch
- Regular meetings to share knowledge, recent experiences, ideas and mitigate risks so to best serve the wider business and future projects
- Provide guidance and training to other members of the team and business when required
- Assist in developing and implementing internal Hatch documents
- Ensures BIM standards are being followed by project stakeholders
- Advise project stakeholders on data exchange methods, and create model exchange schedules
- Promote increased collaboration between project stakeholders
- Advise Hatch’s project managers and project teams with regards to BIM best practices to ensure information coordination
You will bring to the role:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years CAD / BIM applicable experience
- Understanding of BIM design practices and its application for CAD design, planning and construction management
- Up to date knowledge of BIM technology and interoperability standards / good all-round technical knowledge
- Excellent Communicator – ability to provide clear guidance to the whole project team, to coordinate a successful outcome
The following list of applications are not essential but will be a great benefit
- Bentley MicroStation, OpenPlant Modeler, OpenPlant Specification Generator, OpenPlant Isometrics Manager, Bentley BRCM, AECOsim, OpenRoads,
- Bentley OpenPlant P&ID/Modeler, Bentley DataManager, Bentley Structural
- Siemens COMOS
- SQL / T-SQL
- Autodesk – Navisworks, Revit and any other Autodesk product
- Hexagon Smart – P&ID / Instrumentation / Electrical
- VBA programming
- Aveva Engineering, Aveva E3D
Key Competencies and Generic Skills:
- Keen interest and positive attitude in engineering design, while taking ownership and being proactive in the working environment
- Possess initiative and good interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently on challenging projects that may have tight timelines.
- IT Problem solving skills
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.