Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 85928
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Join our Project Delivery Group (PDG), a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking highly motivated Structural Draftsperson to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in our Sydney Office.
Although you will have the opportunity to contribute to a range of projects, the primary aim of this role is to support the delivery of structural elements associated with electrical infrastructure and substation projects – most notably those linked with renewables and upgrades to electrical generation, transmission, and distribution networks.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors. We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Work in a team environment to prepare high quality engineering models and drawings in an efficient, concise manner and in accordance with relevant network standards;
- Develop and share technical capability and experience amongst colleagues to grow the capabilities yourself and the wider team;
- Closely collaborate and communicate with a range of stakeholders including clients, project managers, contractors and other engineering disciplines such as civil, primary electrical, building services etc.
- Support the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, quantities, cost and schedule; and
- Produce and maintain technical and engineering drawings using 2D/3D CAD software as required.
You bring to the role:
- Engineering diploma (N Dip) or equivalent (Civils/structural);
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the design and documentation of electrical infrastructure and substation projects would be highly regarded;
- Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn network documentation standards for clients such as Transgrid, Powerlink, Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy, ElectraNet etc.
- Proficient in the use of 2D/3D CAD software packages – ideally Bentley based software including Microstation; and
- Good understanding of reinforced concrete and structural steel design and detailing.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.