Principal Landscape Architect
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 85403
Job Category: Infrastructure
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
We are seeking a Principal Landscape Architect in a lead role advancing our landscape architecture service while also providing support to our urban design, planning, placemaking and infrastructure teams. You will work within a multi-disciplinary studio environment and have the opportunity to work on a range of projects at new town, neighbourhood and infill scale, as well as an array of infrastructure projects across Australia. This role can be located in either Brisbane or Melbourne.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Be responsible for the establishment of a Landscape Architecture service for Hatch
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams through the envisioning, design and delivery phases of projects
- Coordinate design led solutions to achieve project objectives
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on latest design techniques & contribute to the exchange of information and design and project leadership across practices and teams
- Coordinate and undertake documentation preparation and ensure quality control protocols are followed
- Supervise team members, clients, and co-consultants - attend meetings and workshops to provide updates on project progress and deliverables
- Architecture related and multi-disciplinary projects covering project visioning, development strategy, master planning and detailed design
- Foster and grow the practice and business based on positive change
Experience and Competencies
- Minimum ten years’ experience as a Landscape Architect, or similar position
- Understanding of landscape architecture and statutory requirements for designing at different scales and contexts, including greenfield residential, urban infill and large-scale infrastructure projects - road and rail
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Strong track record of ensuring program performance and delivery
- Demonstrated track record of successful business development and achievement of target
- Ability to work collaboratively; build relationships and influence effectively
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments
- Demonstrated passion for the built environment and the delivery of sustainable communities
- Strong capacity for teamwork and interpersonal/ social skills
- Demonstrated accuracy, attention to detail and high levels of presentation
- Strong organisational skills, including co-ordination of and participating in design workshops -online and in-person
- Effective time management skills including the ability to prioritise workloads and perform tasks efficiently and demonstrated accuracy within project budgets/ timeframes
You bring to the role:
- Postgraduate qualification in Landscape Architecture
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Landscape Architect
- Currently registered with the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA)
- An established network with industry groups, Government, and other agencies
- Advanced use of design software, including Adobe Creative suite, AutoCAD, or similar/and documentation software (Microsoft Office suite etc.) and capability to train/upskill others in their use
- A working knowledge of Revit, GIS and visualization software such as Sketchup, Lumion is an advantage
- Outstanding design and graphic skills (freehand and using software), including 2D and 3D presentation skills
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- A collaborative, positive and team orientated workplace
- Flexible working conditions
- Continued investment in professional development
- Exposure to a range of expertise in the urban and built environments across Australia and around the world
- Access to mentoring programmes and staff support
- Long term career development
- Comprehensive benefits
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.