Exploration Geologist - Forrestania Nickel Operation
Job Type: Full time
IGO is a purpose led organisation with strong, embedded values and a culture of caring for our people and our stakeholders. We believe we are Making a Difference by safely, sustainably and ethically, delivering the products our customers need to advance the global transition to decarbonisation.
Roster: 8:6 (Permanent Full Time) | FIFO Ex-Perth (DIDO surrounding areas)
Location: Forrestania Nickel Operation (400km east of Perth) with some time spent at other locations including Kalgoorlie and IGO’s Cosmos Project as required
Key Benefits: 12% Superannuation, 15%-20% bonus opportunity, private health insurance, permanent room onsite, 16 weeks paid parental leave + more
Due to a recent internal promotion, we are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Exploration Geologist to join the team at our Forrestania Nickel Operation. The successful candidate will join a small close-knit team who work in a predominantly brownfields environment with some additional greenfields work. From time to time there will be a requirement to work elsewhere such as Kalgoorlie or our Cosmos Project.
Reporting to the Senior Exploration Geologist, you will be supporting efforts in near mine exploration, developing drilling programs, logging RC/AC chips, diamond drilling, project work, documentation and reporting. We are seeking someone who thrives being part of a team and can bring a genuine passion for near-mine exploration.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring the safety, health and environmental aspects are effectively managed at the project level;
- Drill Target Generation on the mine lease using existing geological and geophysical datasets;
- Drilling program preparation and supervision;
- Geological logging and sampling;
- Digital input of logging data;
- Interpretation and Modelling of all drilling results; and
- Managing field assistants and drilling contractors as required;
To be successful in this role, you will be a collaborative team player with a strong commitment to workplace safety. You will also have the following:
- A BSc. Hons degree or higher in Geology/Geosciences with experience in a similar role;
- Previous experience working with nickel exploration and deposits will be highly favourable;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge in base and/or precious metal mineral systems;
- Proficiency with exploration & mining software such as Micromine and Leapfrog;
- Safety focused with the drive to be part of a successful team and willingness to support company values;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers licence;
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply Now” and submit an up-to-date resume along with a cover letter. Advertising ends 17 October 2022 however we will be commencing shortlisting immediately.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career and your development to ensure you achieve your goals, now, and into the future. That is the IGO difference.