Job Type: Full time
IGO is a purpose led organisation with strong, embedded values and a culture of caring for our people and our stakeholders. We believe we are Making a Difference by safely, sustainably and ethically, delivering the products our customers need to advance the global transition to decarbonisation.
Roster: 8:6, Thursday – Thursday, FIFO (Ex-Perth) or DIDO (surrounding areas)
Location: Forrestania Nickel Operation, 400km east of Perth
Key Benefits: 12% Superannuation, 20% bonus opportunity, private health insurance, 16 weeks paid parental leave + more
IGO’s brownfields exploration team based at our Forrestania Nickel operation is expanding and we have a rare opportunity for a Project Geologist to join the team. This position will be a hybrid role with time spent between the field and office with direct responsibility for managing the geoscience aspects of exploration programs.
As a Project Geologist at IGO, you will undertake exploration activities with the aim of extending the life of the operation through the generation and assessment of high-quality targets, especially those designated as having a strong prospect of developing into resources. You will be accountable for technical best practice in the field, budgetary management and logistics as well as undertaking geoscientific fieldwork. Quality assurance and quality control, data analysis, reporting, supervision and mentoring will also be a key component of the position.
IGO are seeking applications from people with significant exploration experience, preferably in a Nickel / Lithium environment. You will have an unwavering focus on safety and the drive to be part of a successful team, whilst adhering to our company values.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will also have:
- A BSc. Hons degree in Geology/Geosciences with significant experience in a similar role;
- Extensive experience working with Nickel and/or base metal deposits;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of base and precious metal mineral systems;
- Excellent planning, time management and project management skills;
- Experience in 3D software packages (Micromine/Leapdrog) beneficial;
- Safety focused with the drive to be part of a successful team and willingness to support company values;
- Valid ‘C’ class manual drivers licence; and
- National Police Clearance obtained within the last two months.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click “Apply Now” and submit an up-to-date resume along with a cover letter. Applications close 8th December 2022.
At IGO we are bold, passionate, fearless and fun – a smarter, kinder, and more innovative team. We come from a range of places, backgrounds and experiences, and we are excited about what we can achieve together. When you join us, we will invest in your career to ensure you achieve your goals, now, and into the future. That is the IGO difference.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant